Save Money, Save Time!

Most families spend far more money than is necessary on their weekly grocery bill. Subscribing to Common Cents Meals will reduce your grocery bill, save you time and allow you to cook 5 healthy, well-rounded meals for your family. Meals are designed around the weekly sales at Publix, available coupons and in-season produce. Join today!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Why Should I Do This?

Well, I'm glad you asked. Having spent most of my years as a not-so-closeted cheapskate (frugal is the gentler term I would prefer) I've taken a lot of good-natured ribbing for what some refer to as my "ways". I tell myself that clearly these folks are just jealous.

I mean, what sort of fun-loving people wouldn't want to spend a few good quality hours each week with their stacks of coupons, calculators, cookbooks and sales ads?

*crickets chirping*

Yes, well. Upon posing this riveting question to many an acquaintance, I discovered that despite my most persuasive talks, trainings and gifts of couponing knowledge, it really is just me who is interested in this path. It was a troubling and somewhat jarring reality check for my fantastically frugal soul. My soul, which - by the way - has been accused several times of having a Depression Era previous life which did not go well. I digress.

So, there I am....talking up strangers, trying to get people on the Rip Roarin' Ride of Coupons and no dice. People just don't have time. There are kids, their sports, these pesky things called jobs and voila! There is simply not enough time to plan and shop for healthy meals. However, it's rare that I meet someone who doesn't want to save money. Enter me:

(Okay, that's not really me, but I could totally rock that cape if anyone is looking for any last minute Christmas gift ideas.)

I am here to save the day! Er....the week. Who wouldn't like to cook for their family more? Who wouldn't like to stop going to Publix every day at 5:00 looking for something for dinner? Who would like to spend less money - and ingest less calories, am I right? - eating out so frequently? That's right, I'm looking at you. And in case you're wondering, my eyebrow is raised in a slightly thoughtful, though not judgmental, manner.

For $5 a week, you could easily save $50 a week from your family's grocery bill. According to a Highly Scientific Survey for which I collected data at the neighborhood swimming pool, the average family's grocery bill is $150-$200 a week. Mine is $50-$75, but that's another story for another day. I'm not asking you to be me because according to a similar poll conducted at the aforementioned swimming pool, I am not in my right mind. I am simply asking you to try this service, allow me to plan your meals for you, create your grocery list and in general make you a happier, less frantic and healthier person*.

So, give it a try! Come join me for free for the next two weeks and tell me what you think! Shoot me an email at commoncentsmeals [at] yahoo [dot] com to let me know you want in. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter! You don't want to miss out. All of this witty repartee comes free with purchase! How can you go wrong? Please leave me any questions you may have in the comments below. And if you are kind enough to ask them more than one time, I can dub them "frequently asked" and create one of those coveted FAQ selections.

*$5 a week cannot buy happiness, serenity, or improved health. The writer of this post has dangerously optimistic qualities which may be contagious if you subscribe to this service.

2 comments:

  1. do you only want the cape or should I get you the tights too? Good luck freakishly frugal one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, no Publix here, so I'm out, but otherwise this is a fabulous idea, and I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete